Huda Beauty Neon Pink Eyeshadow Palette Look

Hi friends!

Today we are reviewing the newest Huda Beauty palettes -- the neons. I was scrolling on Instagram and saw a post from Beauty News about these palettes and oh my god I was SO excited!!


Huda makes my most favorite eyeshadow formula. Granted, I haven't had the funds to try some of the most luxurious brands like Natasha Denona or Pat McGrath Labs but of what I have tried, Huda is definitely my favorite. Also, I love playing with color AND its summer so these neons were right up my alley.

These new 9 pan palettes come in three versions - pink, orange, and green. Huda has other 9 pan palettes similar to this in concept. The line is called "obsessions" and they include pretty basic color stories. Of these capsule palettes, I own Electric Obsessions which for some reason I can't find on Sephora.


As a makeup addict, many of the 9 pan palettes were not unique enough to include in my collection, so I couldn't justify spending the money. Electric Obsessions was the only palette which I didn't already have dupes for but otherwise, any of the 9 pan palettes would be great for a beginner! But I'm not a beginner, so I was super excited for these new bright palettes.


I had a really hard time choosing between the three neon palettes. I decided to skip the green, although green is very trendy right now, it doesn't suit my skin tone and I felt with the lack of mattes in the green palette I would have a difficult time completing a full look. That left me with the orange and the pink -- two of my favorite colors. After looking at the swatches online I really couldn't choose, so I picked both.

Today we're gonna look at Neon Pink. We'll complete a look with instructions, look at swatches and discuss the formula.

...

Pink is my favorite color, but even for me, these neons were intimidating because they are just SO BRIGHT. What was I expecting though, they're literally called neon.


As expected, the formula is amazing. I love the way Huda shadows blend and impressively these neon shadows layer very well. The mattes can hold their own against each other which is something I did not expect. I thought the matte shadows were so similar in tone that they would blend and mix into a neon pink muddy mess, but they really don't.

The shimmers in the palette are honestly to die for. I freaking love these. Duo chrome shadows I feel are so hard to find, they're not impossible but I really just want them to be mainstream. Huda has a significant amount of duo chromes which excites me so much! I felt that the shimmers were firmer than I thought they would be, I was expecting shimmers like Anastasia Beverly Hills which pretty much fall apart when you touch them. That being said, I don't have a problem picking up or laying down any of the sparkly bits.

Here are my swatches of the palette which I did for Instagram. I won't lie they are heavily built up and on top of concealer but really, I've tried all the shadows in the palette with brushes on my eyes and they all blend seamlessly and effortlessly -- even the purples which are really hard to do.


Lets get into the eyeshadow look. I'll give directions so you can follow along if you want.


This palette has very little fallout, so you can do your face first if you want, but I'm always messy with my eyeshadow so I like to do eyes first.

Our first item of business is primer -- eyeshadow primer. If you want your shadows to work better and last longer, you've gotta use a primer. I use Hard Candy. This brand is exclusive to WalMart and it's cheap but it works so freaking good. I used my first tube nearly every day for two or three years (honestly its probably bad at that point, but whatever). I finally started this new tube.


To apply your primer you need probably less than half a pea-sized dot on your pointer finger. I like to mush my little dot between both my pointer fingers (that's what she said) so that both sides have an equal amount and then I just rub all over my eyelids -- focusing on the top lid and dragging a bit down to the bottom lid.

The Huda palette doesn't have a good shade for setting the eyeshadow base, so just use whatever setting powder you have around you or another skin tone eyeshadow. If you really really want the neons to pop you can set with a white base, but I think they work just fine with a basic nude base.

Now let's dig into the palette!

We're not gonna want to jump straight into hot pink, even though we are working with the brightest of brights we still need to transition.

The best option for transition is the top left shade shown here:


I'm using a really big fluffy eyeshadow brush here for my transition because I really want this shade to be the most diffuse and soft. I blended it into my high crease and got this result:


You can barely see it, and that's the point. We're going to gradually work into our brightest, boldest colors, working more detailed into the crease with gradually smaller blending brushes.

Next we are going to go for the top right shade, it's almost a coral color but works well as a midway between our transition and the upcoming hot pink.


As you can see, I've picked up this color with a slightly smaller blending brush. We are gonna work this color into our crease and this is where we start to see the color come in.


Okay, now that we have a good gradient to our skin, we can jump into that HOT PINK! Who's excited?? I'm excited!

Image result for are you feeling it now mr krabs


We're gonna grab our middle left shade with a small blending brush, you can also use a packing brush if you want.


SO. Because I want to use that bright purple, we're gonna try to concentrate this color on the inner half of our crease and lid.


After blending, we've got something like this:


Now, we're gonna clean off that same brush in a color switch or paper towel and we're gonna go in our middle right shade.


And we're gonna concentrate that on the outer half of our crease and lid.


After blending, here's what we've got:


Now it's time for the sparkly bits!

Image result for excited meme

We're gonna go with our middle shade on a pointer finger, and we are gonna pack that on the outer half of our lid.


And now we're gonna take our bottom right shade with a pinky finger and pack that on the inner half of our lid.


Okay, we're almost done! Now we're gonna take a pencil brush in the bottom left shade and blend that on our lower lashline.



With that same brush we're gonna take our middle right shade again and concentrate that on the outer half of our lower lash line and blend those together.



Now for our inner corner highlight, we're gonna take a small (like, really tiny) packing brush with our top middle shade and smudge that in our inner corner and along the inner half of our lower lash line.



And that's the eyeshadow done! I say that like it was really simple, but it was a pretty in-depth look. after all, we used almost every shade in the palette. If you really wanted to use every shade you could probably pack that bottom middle shade in the very center of the lid. Anyway, now we just add liner, mascara, and lashes! I used Huda's Samantha lashes -- I got them in a Sephora favorite's box last year.



You can totally do a monochrome look here with a hot pink lip but I decided to keep my full face pretty neutral.


I really love this palette. The colors are right up my alley and it's surprisingly wearable for a neon pink palette. The formula is great as well. My only complaint would be that the palette lacks versatility, I feel like there are only two distinct looks you can get with this palette. I suppose that's not a big deal with a 9 pan palette. You can always combine it with other palettes to get different looks. Huda shadows have never disappointed me, I can't wait to see what's next!

Check out my social accounts:

Instagram: @SheIsAlreadyLegendary
Twitter: @She_Legendary_1
Pinterest: SheIsAlreadyLegendary

Comments